Retreat's Mission Statement
God’s Pastors, as a whole, are not doing what God wants them to do (see Birth of the St. John Pastoral Retreat page); therefore, God has commissioned this ministry to address this problem in these end times. The Mission Statement of the St. John Pastoral Retreat is:
Create and operate a safe, idyllic resort on the Island of St. John, USVI, a modern-day Patmos and Garden of Eden, where Pastors (ex-Pastors, existing Pastors, future Pastors, Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, and Teachers, and others called by God to exercise His authority within the Body of Christ) and their families will stay, at zero cost to themselves, for a period of at least 40 consecutive days in order to be sequestered from their “normal lives” and its demands and responsibilities so they can rest, enjoy recreation and good food, seek God and His revelation of Jesus Christ that He desires to provide them, with a targeted focus and emphasis on completely and thoroughly understanding and implementing the material presented in the e-book Jesus' Love Message to His Bride, and applying it to their lives. It will therefore be imperative to ensure that each person God brings to us leaves us with the absolute certainty that they have a fundamental yet thorough understanding of God’s Righteousness and His Kingdom so as to once and for all crucify their Inherited Sinful Nature, and are proficient in partnering with the Holy Spirit to identify and demolish the demonic strongholds in their life (and in their immediate family member’s lives) in order to pursue becoming Mature Christians, according to God’s definition of maturity as stated in Hebrews 5:13-14: “Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil”. They then will return to their congregations and will be used as an instrument in God’s hands to free their flocks in the same manner, bringing the Body of Christ into spiritual maturity so as to fulfill her calling as the Bride of Christ, being a radiant, spotless, holy, blameless, mature, full grown Bride who has been conformed to His likeness, hastening the return of Jesus Christ.
Plan for Its Fulfillment
The Plan for carrying out the Mission Statement can be broken down into three main components: Ministerial Program, Financial, and Facilities. These items are summarized as follows:
1. Ministerial Program: Taking on the demonic strongholds in your life can be difficult at times. Challenging long held beliefs and thought patterns can be distressing and upsetting. Taking on spiritual warfare at a deep interpersonal level requires consecration, courage and wisdom and a deep trust in God. Learning how to actively participate in the work of Christ’s cross in your life in all of its myriad of circumstances and manifestations means being willing to die many times in many different situations. Couple that with the regular stress and strain of your life, and it’s no wonder Christians remain in bondage. The following are what you and your family can expect from your stay with us:
- Enjoy being in a safe and beautiful place where you are sequestered from your “normal life” and its demands and responsibilities so you can decompress and seek God, totally unhindered from your customary cares and concerns;
- Experience a spectacular Island where you will enjoy fabulous sunny weather, fresh and clean ocean air and crystal clear saltwater and beautiful surroundings – a place where you can get back in touch with each other by swimming, boating, hiking, eating great food, and enjoying the laid back lifestyle the Caribbean is noted for. Rediscovering the joy of life and being with those you love in an atmosphere of peace and joy, in a Garden of Eden-type setting, is very healing in and of itself;
- Find relief, and ultimately freedom from, any and all physical infirmities you and your loved ones are suffering from. Many of His children have numerous physical ailments that are a direct result of the demonic strongholds and effects in their lives. God did not create us with these ailments!! The island atmosphere is very different from most other places within the continental United States, and health benefits such as relief from allergies can be experienced soon after arrival. Simply having the responsibilities and stresses and strains of daily living removed from your shoulders can have a dramatic positive impact on your physical health. God’s will for you is to have these burdens removed from you permanently and forever, and is one of many areas our ministry to you will focus on.
- The Island of St. John is a very romantic place! God strongly desires intimacy with each of us, and the marital relationship is a physical representation of that intimate relationship God wants with all of us. God wants to set marriages free from all demonic hindrances so that His children will walk in trust and intimacy and intense love and desire for each other. God wants your marriage as it is to die (even if you think it’s OK as it is – He is limitless, and can always make it better), so that He can raise it up with resurrection life! What better place to start such a journey than in St. John?!
- Hands on Ministry – Personal ministry will be provided in the spirit of 1 Peter 5:5-6, “Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves in humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.”, and James 5:16, “Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective”. The personal ministry performed will focus on the specific things in your life that you do not like, or want God to effect or change. Whatever you identify as a “problem” in your life will be addressed, with the focus being to identify the demonic stronghold that is allowing that problem to exist, and through the work of the Holy Spirit that stronghold will be identified to you, providing you the opportunity to “go to the cross” and defeat the devil in that specific area of your life. We will literally address (with your permission, of course, and at the direction of the Holy Spirit) every single known problem in your life! In this manner you will get crystal clear on how demonic strongholds work and the fundamental truths and practical applications of Romans 7:14-25, and 8:1-2 in your life, and how God wants you to walk in the authority and victory Jesus has already purchased for you and delegated to you! When you have finished this process, you will know with certainty what it means to be a Mature Christian as defined by Hebrews 5:13-14, and how to truly walk with God and know the fellowship of His sufferings. You will then have the faith and confidence in God to return to your flock with God’s power to truly proclaim freedom for the captives, and then be the instrument in God’s hand to teach them how to walk towards maturity and watch as God literally sets them free!
2. Financial: We believe that God has showed us the specific property where the Retreat is to be located. The property has three residential structures on it that can be used, has three private beaches, and additional land where additional structures can be built. A budget for the purchase of the property and for operating expenses will be developed. God has not made it clear to us how He intends to pay for the Retreat. Our desire has been to develop real estate in Texas and use the profits to purchase and develop the Retreat, but the recession has set us way back. We feel led to share our need via this web page, and trust God to fulfill His plans. One wealthy believer is all it would take to directly finance the project, or many supporters at modest levels, or a wealthy believer could support additional land development projects for us, allowing that believer to keep their capital and allow us to make the profits required to create and operate the resort. If any reader is led of God to participate in this Retreat, we would love to hear from you!
3. Facilities: The Retreat's size must be determined, and the property that is ultimately purchased will determine the projects' scope. At a minimum, the facilities must be large enough for two families: mine and the guest's. The largest number of family units we envision staying at the Retreat at one time is ten. Due to the highly sensitive nature of St. John's environment and the highly regulated development climate, the guests will be housed in private villas on the Retreat's grounds. We do not envision multi-family structures. We will need several vehicles for the guests to use, as well as a resort vehicle that can carry up to 15 guests. We envision hiring local outfitters to provide recreational activities, such as sailing, boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, hiking, birding, etc. Trips to neighboring islands can be easily achieved. We will have kitchen and dining facilities at the Retreat, and will also treat guests to meals at the various restaurants on the island.